Microsoft has announced that Business Portal and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 runtime will be discontinued from Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015.
However, the core Business Portal functionality will be included in the GP 2015 web or desktop client. According to Microsoft's Kelly Obach, Manager of the Executive Business Center:
"The plan is to basically phase out Business Portal as we release apps or modules inside Dynamics GP that replace the same functionality".
So, for those clients that would like to purchase or upgrade to Dynamics GP 2015, Business Portal will no longer be available.
In the meantime, you can have a look at WebSan's Time and Expense Management System that seamlessly integrates with Dynamics GP and offers similar, if not better, functionality to Business Portal. From timesheet and expense management to approvals, advanced reporting and purchase orders, our Time and Expense System can improve your employee's productivity and your company's profitability.
Doriana Kote, Web Marketing Coordinator, WebSan Solutions Inc., a Channel Elite Awards Winner for 2013
WebSan Solutions Inc., Largest Canadian Cloud Dynamics GP Partner announced the latest release of its Time and Expense portal for Dynamics GP.
Working with Microsoft Dynamics GP for many years has given WebSan the opportunity to help clients overcome many business challenges. Their latest Time and Expense Portal continues to allow Dynamics GP users to enter time and expenses anytime, anywhere without the typical limitations of Microsoft's Business Portal solution.
Some of the key features that are now included in the latest release are the following:
- Seamless integration with Dynamics GP database
- Process timesheets and expenses in an easy to use, web-based format
- Handle Canadian VAT (value added tax) and US taxes seamlessly
- Automatic approval workflows for time and expense submission based on $ limits
- Track days off, holiday and vacation time
- Purchase requisition approval module
- Internal reporting for timesheet status, expense reports and history
- Works with on-premise or Cloud-deployed Dynamics GP
- SQL Report viewer with self-managed security and ability to export to Word, Excel, PDF or Images
- Built in user messaging
To see WebSan’s Time and Expense portal in action click the link:
“Business Portal could never handle Canadian VAT taxes for us. We constantly had to modify expense reports in PDK in order to properly account for the taxes. WebSan’s Time and Expense portal has completely eliminated manual intervention and streamlined our expense management process immensely!” – Controller, Canadian Software service provider.