Dynamics GP (100)
Over the years, the Microsoft Dynamics community has grown and evolved into a worldwide system where end users and partners can network, collaborate, and share their knowledge of GP. There are a number of events that bring us together in person, and resources that bring us together online. Here are 5 great resources that you can turn to for help in the Dynamics GP community:
- The Dynamics GP Blogster – Mariano Gomez (MVP) provides you with his insightful knowledge of Dynamics GP
- Community Dynamics – a forum used to ask questions about Dynamics GP and have them answered by GP professionals from all around the world
- Dynamics GP User Group – a communication channel for GP professionals to network and share their Dynamics GP knowledge
- Dynamics User Group – a forum for end users to ask questions about how to use Dynamics GP
- Dynamics GP Land – Christina Philips and Steve Endow (both MVP’s) share their knowledge of Dynamics GP
Natalie Williams, Marketing Manager, WebSan Solutions Inc. 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence
With vacation season nearing, the last thing you want to worry about is the state of your company’s ERP system. Switch your focus to enjoying your downtime instead of thinking about a time consuming month end or gaining a competitive edge. A robust, simple, stand-alone ERP solution like Microsoft Dynamics GP allows you to kick back and relax on your vacation time.
Whether you need to manage your staff’s vacation pay by making changes to Payroll, schedule an advanced Distribution, or want access to Electronic Banking, Dynamics GP is a multi-functional system that’s cost effective, and easily caters to your growing business needs. On top of all that, the Human Resources module in Dynamics GP presents the Vacation Calendar option, which gives the user a calendar view that lists employees that have taken time off for each day.
WebSan Solutions’ hosted Dynamics GP offering gives you access and ownership of your data, and eliminates upkeep with software maintenance, upgrades, and back-ups. Compared to an on-premise offering, hosted Dynamics GP also gives you the option of faster deployment. Moreover, it’s one of the most notable accounting and ERP software solutions on the market today!
To learn more about Dynamics GP and to gain access to additional ERP resources, visit our hosted Dynamics GP page!
Linz Tan, Web Marketing Assistant, WebSan Solutions Inc. a 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence
When organizing your business’ data and sorting through multiple categories and headings, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with the time-consuming process. Structured Query Language (SQL) used in Microsoft Dynamics GP serves to retrieve information from databases through the use of basic statements and clauses. Here are some SQL features that can help you sort through data quickly in Microsoft Dynamics GP:
- Select clause – Allows you to pull and read data from the database. Often using the Select * format, this statement enables the user to select data from columns and tables such as a list of customers.
- Where clause – Used to filter your list based on a certain condition, such as to specify a customer’s country or location.
- Alias syntax – Enables the user to rename a database table or a column in a table. This function becomes especially useful when there are multiple tables in a query or when column names are long and not easily readable.
- Join clause – Helps to combine and add more columns in your data. The join clause is often used to combine fields from two tables by using values that are common to each.
- Group by clause – Allows you to compress, consolidate and summarize data. This clause is used together with aggregate functions to group a result set into one or more columns.
To learn more about SQL queries and common functions in Microsoft Dynamics GP, register for our online course!
Linz Tan, Web Marketing Assistant, WebSan Solutions Inc. a 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence.
WebSan Solutions, the largest Canadian Cloud Dynamics partner, offers users the ability to access Dynamics GP on a tablet. Customers now have an alternative way to access and create accounting transactions, without having to log in through their desktop computers.
“We see this as a natural extension of our Cloud Dynamics offerings. No other partner has made the commitment that WebSan has to provide this much flexibility to our customers,” says Andrew King, Managing Director of WebSan Solutions.
As long as there’s an active Internet connection, users would be able to use all of the capabilities of Dynamics GP, which also includes exporting SmartLists to Microsoft Excel with ease. WebSan’s Cloud Dynamics GP solution allows users to quickly and securely access Dynamics on-the-go using Android, iOS and Windows devices.
An element that makes Dynamics GP on a tablet even more valuable is the feature that lets users print and email documents (i.e. Invoices) on the fly.
The ability to provide access to critical financial information to executives on devices other than a computer is important to a business. Get the insight you need to manage your business and improve the decision-making process by making it portable.
Natalie Williams, Marketing Manager, WebSan Solutions Inc. a 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence.
With the New Year fast approaching, your company has decided to adopt/upgrade to an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Congratulations! Making the decision to adopt/upgrade to an ERP system already puts you ahead of your competition.
An ERP system is a powerful tool that helps you efficiently analyze, interpret, and execute the core activities of each department of your business on a day-to-day basis. Companies who seek to adopt/upgrade to an ERP system do so in order to integrate the different programs they're using for different departments into one suite. An ERP system helps reduce costs because any previous delays or duplication of work is avoided. For example, a company may calculate their sales revenue using one type of software meanwhile using separate software to produce a financial report. An ERP system integrates the two actions whereby once the sales revenue is calculated, the ERP system uses the same information to produce a financial report. A benefit of having these separate processes integrated is that the same information flows from each department which results in less errors made, in addition to better business decisions made. Resources such as time and staff are reduced (not to mention the complexity) which boosts the company's bottom-line.
Other benefits and features of an ERP System include:
• Access to all the company's information across all departments in real-time
• Stronger customer relations through better access of customer information as part of your company's practices in customer relationship management (CRM)
• Improved controls at each stage of the supply chain
• Enhanced security with access to a single set of user settings to better protect your company's information
• Less training and implementation necessary because all staff are trained to use the same system
Consider the following when adopting/upgrading to an ERP system:
Costs & Benefits
• What is your budget?
• What is your firm looking to achieve?
• What system(s) is your industry/competitor using?
• Are you looking to adopt/upgrade to keep pace with competition?
Training and Implementation
• How much time are you seeking for the ERP system to be up and running on its own?
• How much level of support are you looking for in an ERP partner?
If you're shopping for an ERP System, WebSan Solutions is a Microsoft Dynamics Certified Partner. With over a decade of experience in Enterprise Software solutions, the experts at WebSan know how to help you transform your business.
Shopping for an ERP System?
Nilofhar Zarif - Kadir, Web Marketing Assistant, WebSan Solutions Inc., a 2014 Ontario Business Achievement Award Winner for Service Excellence
Here are some facts that you can share with your boss in order to convince him/her that GP is right for your company!
1. Dynamics GP Will Help Employees Work Better, Faster, and Smarter!
Dynamics GP gives employees a role tailored experience relevant to specific jobs in a company. This will enable you to properly allocate resources in your company. The system is organized by module and each module is organized by Transactions, Inquires, Setup processes, Cards, Routines, Report, and Utilities. This intuitive experience will keep your employees organized so they can work more efficiently. View our Dynamics GP Quick Overview.
2. Dynamics GP Drives Your Business and Supports Your Business Growth!
Dynamics GP offers many capabilities! Whether your company has 10 employees or 500 employees. You can use the modules that you need and as your business grows you can utilize more of GP's features. GP is capable of meeting your highest financial demands without foregoing performance!
3. You Can Get Great Plains Up and Running in No Time!
Dynamics GP has implementation tools in place to get GP up and running in an efficient manner. WebSan Solutions, the Largest Hosting Provider for Microsoft Dynamics in Canada can help you! We would be with you every step of the way! We provide implementation, support and training services to ensure your project meets your budget and timeline!
Natalie Williams, Marketing Manager, WebSan Solutions Inc., an Ontario Business Achievement Award for Service Excellence 2014 Finalist
Everyone has turned to YouTube to gain information, insight and knowledge about everything and anything. Visit WebSan Solutions YouTube channel to watch helpful videos about GP modules.
WebSan University is bringing knowledge to life by creating a series of interactive online courses through an easy-to-use intuitive system. Who said corporate training has to be boring? Empower your employees with online training!
Top Dynamics GP YouTube Videos
10 Tricks in 30 Minutes – The Top 10 Features of Dynamics GP You’re Not Using and Should Be!
Management Reporter for Microsoft Dynamics ERP
Purchase Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Project Accounting 101
Sales Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics GP
By: Natalie Williams, Marketing Coordinator, WebSan Solutions Inc., Canadian Silver Certified Microsoft Dynamics GP Partner